Words

Words

10 September 2015

REVOlution!

I'm so glad that I get to join the REVOLUTION this year!
It sounds like something big and hard, but in fact it's the opposite..
Revolution sounds like bringing a big change..
For the matter of fact, it is, but we start small.. :)

The event was refreshing, I should say?
Listening to the stories of how youths did a change in schools and colleges really moved me..
I kept questioning myself if I would have such a big faith like them..
I was afraid because I never thought I do..
However, I had this feeling that kept asking me to do something about it..
I always wanted to do something, something small will do..

Honestly, I've been low in my spiritual life..
I can clearly see myself at the borderline, it felt like I might just cross the line and join the secular world..
But I didn't know what to do, I only kept going to church and fellowships, sometimes I don't even feel like going..

On second night of REVO, a brother in Christ that I just knew gave me this verses:
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba! Father!'
16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are the children of God,
- Romans 8:14-16 [NASB]
I told him that I've been low and he said that he had this feeling to share this verses..
I guess this might be God's way of reminding me that I am His daughter..
Well, I am His daughter, how could I not do something for Him?
How could I not be confident for He gave me so much?
How could I not communicate with Him?

So, I signed up for REVO, we formed a new group..
To keep the fire burning, we started meeting up the following week, which was last week..
It was hard to come up with a common slot that everyone is okay with, so we decided to have our prayer meeting on Monday morning!
7am, it is not an easy task, for a person who needs a lot of sleep like me..
It requires commitment and dedication.. xD

We didn't know what to do, but we started by blessing our house mates..
On Saturday, I bought egg tarts for my house mates on my floor..
I wrote a note for each of them with Bible verses..
It required a lot of courage, honestly..
What happened were amazing!

A small story to add in before the amazing things happened:
The cleaning auntie came that afternoon (Saturday)..
It was raining so heavily that she couldn't go back..
I wanted to give her a cup of drink, so I made honey and gave it to her to thank her..
We started talking, and I happened to know that she's looking to buy a second hand e-bike..
My friend's friend is selling, so I told her, however, her budget is limited..
So after we talked, I told this to our REVO group..
We started searching for her.. and I asked my friend if she could lower the price..
By God's grace, she said yes, but it was still too high..
So we decided to collect some donations to help the auntie..
It was so amazing that within the time in a day, we got more than we need!
We believe God's working..
By the end of the month, we believe we can help the auntie to get the e-bike! :D
(All this actually happened in about 4 days!)

So, back to the egg tarts..
After talking to the auntie, I went upstairs to prepare to go to church later..
My friend Whatsapp-ed me, showing a photo of the egg tart and my note, asking if it was me..
I started laughing, it turned out that one of my house mates is her course mate.
She was delighted to receive my egg tart although she didn't seem to show it..
This is the 1st..
At night, after I came back home, I found my container in front of my door, with nougats in it attached with a note..
It was from another house mate that I never talked to, she wasn't home so I left the egg tart in front of her door..
The joy was indescribable!
This is the 2nd..
The next day was Sunday..
I asked Rose out to check out a printer that we are thinking to buy..
When I wanted to go out, I found a note on my door..
Another house mate of mine wanted to offer me watermelons in return for my egg tart!
And she left her phone number.. :D
And this is the 3rd..

Thinking of these things puts a smile on my face..
God is so amazing!
He works in mysterious ways..
I wish I could do more to bring love to others, just by some little acts of kindness or caring..

This are the verses that the pastor used to encourage us to step up for Jesus:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 [NIV]
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 1:9 [NIV]


BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS! 





No comments:

Post a Comment